Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday #10

Another week gone by...where does time fly? So for this week, I did a search on swagbucks.com to find a recipe that incorporated pasta, ricotta cheese and tomato sauce (because these are the ingredients I have on hand!) Based on my search I modified a recipe, and here is what I plan to make for What's cooking Wednesday dinner tonight:

Penne with Tomato Sauce and Ricotta Cheese

1 pound Penne, Mostaccioli or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
1 jar of Eden Organic pasta sauce
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh basil or parsley for garnish

Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat pasta sauce to boiling, reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.

When pasta is done, drain well. Return pasta to cooking pot, add the tomato sauce and heat over low heat until sauce is simmering and the pasta is coated with sauce. Remove pot from heat and stir in ricotta and Parmesan cheeses until evenly distributed. Divide among serving plates and top with chopped fresh basil or parsley.


So I ended up baking the pasta..I like the crusty top on pasta and I wanted to see if the cheese would melt some more. It ended up okay...but not my favourite recipe. Next time I think I'll cut back on the ricotta cheese and add some shredded cheese and chicken....