Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday #8

So I've kept up with one of my New Year's Resolutions..to create meal plans each week. I've definitely found we've been eating better! This week's What's Cooking Wednesday's meal was adapted from one of Sandi Richard's recipes....so good!

Stuffed Pasta Shells


100 g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted

1 egg

1 cup ricotta cheese

1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated

1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated

24 large pasta shells

1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

1 680 mL can Eden Organic pasta sauce


Preheat oven to 375F


On stovetop, cook pasta according to package directions (you just want to soften the shells, not completely cooked)


While the pasta is cooking, drain spinach in a colander. Lightly squeeze out the excess water. Combine spinach, egg and cheeses together in a mixing bowl.


When pasta is ready, drain and rinse in cold water. Return to pot and gently toss with olive oil.


Stuff the spinach mixture into each shell with a small spoon. Place, stuffed side up, in a large lasagna pan. Cover shells with pasta sauce and place in preheated oven. Set timer for 30 minutes. Serve with a fresh salad. Delicious!!


Note: You could also add 1/3 cup feta cheese and one finely chopped shallot to the filling mixture. I left out the cheese b/c there was so much cheese already. And the kids refuse to eat anything onion-like, so I left this out too!

2 comments:

Emily R. said...

That looks like a yummy dinner! I'll have to try that :D

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog -sorry I took so long to come visit. Those shells look awesome :) and I agree, meal planning is worth the time it takes :)