Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's Cooking Wednesday #7

In the New Year, I promised myself I would attempt to do more meal planning in hopes of reducing the amount of money we spend on eating out. So this week's What's Cooking Wednesday came from Sandi Richard's "Dinner Survival" book. I made some adjustments, so here's my take on the recipe:

Not-So-Chili Pasta


1 lb ground beef

1 small onion, finely chopped

2 tsp chili powder (this makes a mild version, add more if you like spicy)

1 can pasta sauce (I like Eden Organic...very yummy!)

3 cups bow tie pasta


Cook pasta according to directions on package.


Brown beef; drain grease. Add onion to pan and cook until it is translucent. Add chili powder and pasta sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to a simmer.


When pasta is cooked, drain water. Add pasta to beef mixture and stir until it is coated.


Serve with grated parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

Carolyn Wolff said...

Oh, this one looks yummy and really easy. I think I am going to make sure I prepare this.