Friday, May 9, 2008

Time will tell....

It was with great trepidation that today we decided to try nuts with M. With T's severe nut allergy, we have been holding off introducing nuts to our children. But M is starting school in the fall, so we decided it was time to know for sure whether she has an allergy or not!

There have been a few times in the past where we've thought about just giving her nuts and seeing what happened (I joked with my husband that we should have brought M to the hopsital when I was in labour with our second child, N, ...that way if she reacted, we were already at the hospital!!) But I couldn't bring myself to just feed nuts to her without knowing what might happen (I'm a bit of a control freak!) So on Monday, I took M to Wellesley Naturopathic Medicine for a sensitivity test to see whether her body was sensitive to any particular foods. When the test results came back with no sensitivities, I decided this was the push I needed to feed her nuts.

Today was the day...I offered M some Oatmeal Crisp which is laced with almonds. Perfect! She readily took it and even asked to eat more nuts! So far, no reaction...I guess only time will tell!

No comments: