Thursday, March 12, 2009

Budgets and Meal Planning

I've been reading a lot about meal planning and budget meals..and although I'm impressed with people who can make $5 meals for their family of 4, I wonder if that would be realistic for me.

I am trying to eat as organically as possible, so I don't think $5 would be reasonable. And I choose not to buy all store-brand items as often times they are higher in sugar, sodium or contain MSG. So in an attempt to eat healthier, it is more expensive.

My goal over the next month is to figure out a reasonable weekly budget for groceries..then I hope to prepare weekly meal plans with costs associated.

If anyone has a great Canadian source for coupons, I'd love to hear about it!!

1 comment:

Cressman and Martin said...

These aren't great sources but sometimes you get lucky: www.redflagdeals.ca (not just groceries) and www.save.ca

Good luck!